Thursday 22 October 2009

The End of The Beginning

The digging at the allotment is complete. All twelve growing beds have now been dug and the paths between the beds have been covered with chippings. The photos on the left show what the finished plot looks like (although I am ashamed and embarrassed to note that I have managed to get a digit in front of the lens in one of them!). The foreground of the top photo shows the plot next to mine, which is in a bit of a state, but even that is not as bad as mine was when I took it over.



The fearsome sight that confronted me when I took over the plot has been transformed by the effort I've put in. I am ridiculously pleased with myself, but it is hard to say exactly why.

What is even more pleasing is that the vegetables, I've planted are beginning to appear.

The allotment project now moves into a different phase which is one of care, maintenance and preparation for Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment